Thursday, July 7, 2011

Heaven is a wrap dress

It may not be a DVF (yet), especially since she doesn't make them in my current size, but I have 4 go-to wrap dresses for when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to exert too much effort into dressing for work, or for when the temps are hotter than holy H-E-double hockey sticks (like it is now). I still come off looking polished and I keep cool during the summer. Layer one of these with a cardigan, tights and boots and I'm set for the when the temps drop below 60.

Another reason I love my wrap dresses...even though the scale says I've packed on an additional 8 lbs and my skinny jeans (and, at times, my fat jeans) shout: Let the muffin top be free!, I can still slip on one of my wrap dresses and look HAUTE!

Thank goodness for the wrap dress. I've been wearing them all week.

Do you have a go-to item in your closet for those not-so-fresh days?

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love wrap dresses. I have a few from DVF and they are nice.

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

You just made me want to go find myself a wrap dress!!!

I'm a dress girl when it comes to trying to keep cool in this ridiculous summer heat (girl...this is the worst summer yet here and I'm not lying) AND feeling...not as fat. Dresses are freeing and with the right cut, they are flattering. Amen!

LaShaune said...

I've grabbed a few from Ross and 1 from NY&Co back when it was still Lerner (I have an issue with the name change)...

Love love love them!