Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sloths have feelings too

Note: This was originally written in July - but still applies today...
~~~~~~~~~
Or maybe I spent too much time watching Ice Age (I love that movie).

So my question for today is...How in the world do your reign in your inner giant panda?  Mine reared it's head yesterday in a really bad way (let's just agree to never speak on my drive thru party for lunch). I'm normally really good about asking for a to-go box for my meals or just eating 1/2 of what's on the plate. But lately, I've been a bottomless pit and have been shoveling food in my gaping hole like quicksand.

Case in point:

I had dinner with a dear friend last night at a posh hotel here in town.  Her and her hubby berated me (in the way good friends do) the last time we were together, because I wasn't really hungry. Mind you, they think we're in Spain and eat dinner at that super chic hour of 8pm. So this time I should have been prepared. Oh heck no! It started with mojitos (just 1 for me, but damn they are yummy), Ahi tuna tacos, mini lamp chops, enough Sea Bass to feed 2, ice wine, coffee, mango sorbet, AND slice of ice (cookies and cream ice cream made into a cake). GOOD LAWD!!!! Surprisingly the appetizers were appetizer size, the rest of the meal was true Texas-style: BIG.

Yes, I know there are tons of articles out there with advice on how to prepare for parties and generally avoiding eating with friends, but with this couple - that aint happening. And that's not really the crutch of the story...
**********
Current situation as of Sept 8...I've been EATING!  I'm not talking Eat Clean eating...I mean EATING just plain crap and there's no excuse for it.  Someone tried to say it was my metabolism. Ha! Yeah, right.  What I mean is as soon as I finish a meal, I'm thinking of what else can I eat (where's the pudding, the cookies, the chips, etc). I've been circling the fast food drive thrus like I'm casing the joint and I'm craving hamburgers.  WTH!

To add insult to injury, I only worked out 2 days last week, haven't done a damn thing this week except vacuum and I haven't returned to C25K.

What do you do when you find yourself in this situation? 

Well, I can tell you this...I got my butt on the scale - SCARY.  I saw a number that I haven't seen in a while = 170! WTH!!!! Where the hell did that come from?  I know some of it's salt (because this morning the scale trended down to 167), but I can't keep blaming salt for this type of behavior.

So my quest is to figure out what my problem is. Boredom? Anxiety? Stress? And to figure that out will be a food journal.  Yes, yes...I've said it before and I suck at it.  But to the food journal I am using a menu. I found the one I was using in June-July. And now that my AC is fixed (I haven't had a working AC for most of July and August - too damn hot to do anything especially cooking) I have no excuse not to cook! My grocery list will be completed today and posted for ya'll to see. I'm not sure about the 'No Sugar' diet - I'm not trying to diet, I'm trying to change my lifestyle.

2 comments:

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

I, too, have been HUNGRY! Yep...all caps for a reason! I'm blaming the stress from work and then the heat. I don't know if it's fair to blame those two things, but then again...I don't know if I care. I think I've been eating also when I'm bored and the worst of my problems has been a sweet tooth. I woke up yesterday morning and said "ENOUGH!" Yep...all caps again. I'm so over feeling guilty for eating what I know I shouldn't be. I'm back on my plan with my eyes on the goal!

You can do it, you can do it! =D

LaShaune said...

Thanks Kim...I'm glad to know it's not just me and my craziness.

It's day 2 of recommitment for me! Let's do it.