Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Slap on a smile...

and say YeeHaw!

I think I've gone slightly mad. Maybe mad cow has finally eaten away at what's left of my brain. Or, maybe I just really really enjoy my workouts.

It dawned on me last night as I was hooting and hollering during kickboxing, heck, even "raising the roof" while doing C25K (yeah, I'm back on it), that I really enjoy working out. I was totally aggravated on my drive to the gym (yes, I'm the overly aggressive driver who wants to go 80 mph on the highway, especially when the lane is clear) because all the suburbanites where driving at school zone speeds and it was 7PM!!! Grrr, foot to gas pedal ppl. Cars were made to go fast.

Oh damn-it I lost focus...Ok, so I get to the gym parking lot becoming more frustrated because of the non-handicapped spots in front of the door - there's always 1 person who has to park right up front and she's driving a HUGE truck that she probably had to sit on phone books just to see over the dash! Why was I in such a rush to get to the gym? Dunno. Could have been the Black Eyed Peas pumping loudly through my speaker system (man, I love my car). It's a great song when you need motivation or need to feel pumped on the last bit of a run/walk/workout!




I got in my C25K run! I had to revert back to week 1 since I hurt my ankle last week :( but it was still a fun run. So by 8pm, I was hot, sweaty (oh yeah, that's sexy) and ready for some Turbo!!! I've gym-friended a young-ish RN who I noticed was going through the motions half-assed and half-hearted.  This irked me since watching her kept me off pace. I finally started the nag.  "Come on, Girl...you can do this!" became my mantra. She was probably perturbed by the end of the class, but I didn't care. I was grinning ear to ear when I was done. I had a blast and I'm looking forward to Nightclub Cardio tonight. Time for some booty popping and party pumping!

Do you find yourself enjoying your workout time for no reason at all? Or do you dread your workouts?

No comments: