Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Like Jill Scott says - Take a long walk

And that's what we did yesterday.  As a way of getting back our stride, my fella and I ambled through Hermann Park for a little exercise and a lot more conversation. We had a chance to see the finished Venet art installation. I like poking at my fella's brain to gain insight as to how he views things. He's not an arty-farty type and I like to just look at pretty pictures (I couldn't tell you the type of brush stroke, the mood, or any of that), so this installation was perfect - free forming (sorta) so the shapes end up being whatever you make them out to be. I saw onion slices, coke-bottle bottom glasses.

He thanked me for all the information I've been funneling his way on how to reduce stress, including Brook Noel's 8 Steps to Finding Joy. We talked more about the direction of our relationship. I am the "hurry-up and wait" type of person and he's the "take it as it develops" type. So I promised him that I would work on learning patience, which is something I need to do anyway. I am still apologizing for starting this whole thing during the party over the weekend, but as I explained to him - when we are together, it's like the rest of the world just disappears. He agreed - he mentioned that even on our walks, it's just the two of us. That's our Vulcan mind meld (more like the Borg, in my opinion) but either way - we're connected and reconnecting.

So today is a much better day and I'm looking forward to skipping my workout tonight to hang with my guy for drinks and nibbles.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ah.... sounds like a plan. xo

karen@fitnessjourney said...

You two sound like a great couple. Whenever my husband and I see a couple like you and your guy who are obviously crazy about each other, we always quote a friend of ours who likes to declare that they must be a "new relationship". I hope that you two will always act like you are in a new relationship. It's the best way I know to keep a relationship solid.