Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finding Happiness

Thanks to sweet Kimmi and her wonderful words...she has passed this along to me along with several others. So in acceptance and with great pleasure, here is my list to Top Ten Things That Make Me Happy:


1. Spending quality time with my guy (we're working on moving past the "boring couple" phase). This is truly #1 (the rest are in random order).
2. Good jazz music and a great glass of wine.
3. TurboKick and Zumba - these classes are so much fun
4. Taking the curve on the highway at a nice speed, leaving all others in the dust
5. Seeing my flowers blooming in the backyard from my kitchen window
6. My crockpot - I'm finally learning how to cook (sorta)
7. Cookbooks
8. Reading
9. Hermann Park during the Spring/Summer seasons
10. My family - their a bit intense at times, but a load of fun!

4 comments:

The Merry said...

I keep hearing good things about Zumba. I'm going to have to try it. After the running thing.

LaShaune said...

Hey Merry - Zumba is a great way to shake your bootay to some great Latin and Indian music. I was a bit miffed at this Latin gal in the front row last night who could samba like nobody's business (yes, totally green with envy). Granted it's all in the hips (if you want to believe that hooey), but I think genetics and a diet rich in rice/beans and plantains have something to do with it to. So for now, I'll just stick with my mock pony.

Angela said...

A great list!

Pauline Wiles said...

Congratulations on the award! And it's great to see how many of your happiness triggers are low cost or even free ;)