Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh the places you will go...

So I am back from my trip to Seattle/Puyallup/Tacoma.  Say that 10 times fast - I double dog dare you.

It's been 10 years since my last trip for the same purpose - the High School reunion - and I still had the same feelings of: 1. I don't want to go. 2. I don't remember any of these people. 3. I don't want to spend $100 on tickets and stay 10 mins with people I don't remember. 4. I'll sign up for the check-in table, it will be fun. 5. I don't want to go.

 
And you know what? I went to the mixer the night prior. I recognized 3 people! Maybe a few other faces in the crowd looked familiar, but I don't mingle well, I don't like crowds, I don't do small talk without the aid of a glass of wine and I HATE small spaces. Suffice it to say that even without alcohol (I was driving since the Fella would have fallen asleep standing up), I had a good enough time chatting with a few old friends. My 1 true friend and I had dinner the night before since she wasn't planning to attend the festivities. And I am truly glad that I did not attend the reunion functions the following night.

The highlight of my trip to Seattle was definitely Mt. Rainier. My mom swears we went way back in 1987 or so, but I have no recollection of the trip. So thank goodness for modern technology because I was able to record the 2010 trip in all it's majestic glory (let's hope the rolls of film I shot came out as well as, actually better, than the digital shots).

3 comments:

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

Beautiful pics! Never been up that way, but now you make me wanna go! Sounds like you had a nice trip/get-away!

The Merry said...

Okay, so maybe I should travel up thatway sometime. Those pictures do make it look beautiful.

Of course, that's largely because you kindly didn't include any photos of your reunion. That (well, any reunion) would scare me right off.

LaShaune said...

Kim - when you do go, a must see is Mt. Rainier and spend some time driving around Bellingham and/or Mercer Island. It's just so damn pretty up there. Of course the best time of the year is late July/early August.

Merry - I only went to the mixer and stayed 45mins and only took 1 pic! But seriously, it's just as pretty as Oregon. Apparently, there seems be a migration to Bend these days.