Monday, October 13, 2008

Where the hell did those extra pounds come from?

Ok…it’s confession time yet again. No, I did not buy another pair of shoes. I simply picked up the pair I committed to buying and paid for prior to the shopping hiatus.

I have, however, gained 3.5 lbs in the last few days. I can only attribute this weight gain to the evils that is Starbucks. Damn those venti green tea lattes and pumpkin loaf! Or it could be possibly due to the staple of pasta I’ve had as leftovers this past week (mmmm, sautéed shrimp and asparagus in pesto over bow tie). Ok, I better stop before my apple/cinnamon oatmeal never sees the pit of my stomach.


Since I returned to school, my evening workouts have suffered tremendously. The kickboxing classes I looked forward to in the evening fall on the days of my current course schedule and I find other things to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So on top of the self-imposed shopping ban, I am now instituting 5 am workouts on Mondays/Wednesdays and evening workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All I have to say is that 5:00am came super early this morning but I am thankful to The Fella for sending me two text messages urging me to get my arse out of bed. And I am also grateful to the TurboJam DVDs I ordered two years ago – Chalene Johnson is a complete nut and her personality keeps your coming back to those DVDs for more punishment.

And in an effort to save some money, I am freezing my gym membership for the next 3 months (reminder to log on to www.24hourfitness.com). I know some of ya’ll are saying with the DVDs (note profile, complete exercise DVD junkie) why have a gym membership? I can add even more lighter fluid to the fire. I also have a treadmill, free weights, and a weight bench. The gym membership is a way to get my butt out of the house and not go to the mall. But it is all coming to an end for the next 3 months.

I will also add to your sheer boredom in an effort to keep myself accountable, I will return to keeping my online food diary as well as workout diary, probably through the blog since I am terrible about logging in to www.calorie-count.com.

Today is kick-off day:

5:00am workout: TurboJam – Lower Body Jam

8:00am breakfast: apple/cinnamon oatmeal (130 cal)

Photo courtesy of Associated Content

No comments: