Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Diet coke does not cancel calories

Contrary to popular belief, a diet coke or pepsi doesn't cancel out any calories. Granted there is some theory behind the exothermic qualities of diet coke, but it's not enough to burn all the calories consumed in one day. So what's a girl to do? Why exercise, of course.

I am posting early as a way to keep myself accountable since today is my evening workout day.

Yesterday's meal, on a scale of "right-on" vs. "whatchutalkingbout willis", I would have to say it was in the middle with Mrs. Garret screaming Tootie!. Because I know better. I did slack and tried to curb my sweet craving with bread pudding at lunch and a skinny chai latte during my 7pm class. I honestly think it has been these Starbucks drinks, skinny or not, that have added these extra pounds. So yesterday was the final day for anything delicious. Just kidding. I can't say that my eating plan is back on track since I had a whole wheat blueberry pancake for breakfast this morning - not over the calorie count and I know I have to watch the rest of the day. Thank goodness for packing my lunch.

So the saga continues...the woes and joys of eating and working out. But I know Chalene has something in store for me this evening and I am actually looking forward to slipping in the Turbo Jam Cardio Party DVD this evening.

Thanks for letting me stay accountable to me and for the mindless ramble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, a diet coke does so cancel out the calories of whatever you eat with it! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. You go girl - you still look amazing even with the Starbucks on your @$$! Who loves ya??