Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's so....

Sweaty!!!

I've got to say I'm proud of myself, workout-wise, because I finally made it to Wk5 of C25K. I've even done the run 1-1/2 times through. My next run, I will shoot for the Day 3 schedule of straight 20mins.

I got home all sweaty and ready to dig in to the 2nd hour (the elimination hour) of Biggest Loser.  I hear Jillian say "I want a 10-min mile".  WTH! I am barely doing a 14-min mile (and I was so happy to finally get my mile time to 14mins) and she has these folks doing 10-min miles. I also noticed the amount of weights lifted. I thought I was doing well even made it to 3 sets of 21s with 8lb dumbbells (that darn bicep challenge). These chicks are lifting much more than that.

So I came down from my 3-mile high and had a glass of wine to cover the pain.

Then, Merry's post really hit home. There will always be someone fitter than me, so stop comparing myself to others, especially those on BL. I will continue to make the strides I am making.  Yes, I probably could run faster and I may challenge myself on the next run. Yes, I probably could lift heavier weights, so I will take the BodyPump class on Saturday. Check out the promo below, I'm in for a world of hurt - hurt so good!

4 comments:

The Merry said...

I think you are doing an AWESOME job! I am proud of you for making your way through the C25K :)

LaShaune said...

Thanks Merry. There are days when BL just pisses me off.

karen@fitnessjourney said...

It's funny that you mentioned this. I was thinking about TBL today during my workout when I was having pain in my elbow and wondering if the contestants have similar trouble from being basically forced to lift super heavy weights that they may not be prepared to lift.

Enjoy your sweaty self and the sense of accomplishment that comes from running YOUR best.

Brenda said...

Recently I have stumbled upon such a definition as 'strength diet'. I have found a lot of interesting information about this kind of diet, as well as overall tips on how to increase your strength, endurance and health in the following article: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/nutrition-in-sports/your-strength-diet-know-what-to-take-out-and-what-to-put-in/.