Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Boot Camp

Is not summer camp for your winter boots.

What the hell was I thinking?  Yeah, I had a training session with Master Pitbull, Ariel and survived so what harm could it be to take her boot camp? 

Hello. Earth to LaShaune.  It's Tuesday and your legs are STILL sore!  Boot camp was Saturday!!!!

But hello...LaShaune to Brain - it was oh so worth it.  5 Intervals, each one done 3 times through.  There's only 1 move that can't be done solo (at home) and that's the medicine ball toss. She even included burpees (and you know how much I am loving those!). The one move I had the most difficult time with was the inverted bicycle move (on your knees or push-up position and bring your knee and opposite elbow in).  It was not comfy since I was dripping wet.  My favorite move was the pseudo-kettlebell swing-squat.

I gotta say, whoever invents a non-slip mat that absorbs sweat by the buckets and isn't big/bulky to haul to the gym will get my money (as long as it's under $20).

I will post the intervals later this week for those interested.

How was your weekend workout(s)?

5 comments:

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

Sounds killer (but rewarding)! Love that still sore feeling - lets you know you did something oh so good!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

That sounds like a killer workout! Great job girl!

The Merry said...

"Pseudokettlebell"? You just pretend that you have one to swing around?
Sounds like a great workout -- good for you!

LaShaune said...

@Kim - It was rewarding and hopefully there will be another in July!

@Lindsay - thanks a million

@Merry - Hey Lady, welcome back. Actually, instead of using a kettle bell, we used dumbbells to achieve the same result. It's cheaper for those of us who dont have kettle bells at home - one less piece of equipment to buy.

Angela said...

Soreness is a sign that you have really been worked out. : ) I usually run until I can't anymore. :)