And that it is for a few reasons...
1. I got paid on my freelance work - woo hoo!
2. My BF is now working! Woo FREAKIN Hoo. Being off work since March has had a huge strain on things, frustrating to say the least. It's never good to see a man who's used to working not work. But he's back and although tired is feeling a bit frisky...oh yeah - I will be a very happy camper soon ;).
3. It's Friday. Yes, I know that day comes around every 5 days or so...and Fridays at my place of employ is usually a royal pain in the rear since people are always shoving work my way - but I'm not going to let that ruin my high. I'm going to see Henry Cho at the Improv tonight. Man, he's hilarous.
I was reading Kimmi's blog and she made me revisit my goals:
I still haven't resolved my shopping addiction. I said I wasn't planning to shop for myself through the end of the year. I broke that ban and purchased:
1. a Shaft-styled brown leather jacket: $16
2. a brown suede car coat: $10
3. multi-colored double-strand necklace: $36
4. granny-styled knee length boots: $20
5. 4 pairs of pumps: $36 total
I don't know where this desire to spend money comes from. I'm truly cheap (protested on spending $5 on 3 pairs of trouser socks), but I need to learn to really be cheap and hold on to my money.
I did resolve my attachment issue (I think) and sold my volvo. Of course, I sold it to my uncle so I can still see it...but alas, it's sold. Now to move on to selling my blue velvet sofa and actually purchase a new one. Baby steps!
I have started (and restarted) the Hundred Push-Challenge. I am on Wk 1, Day 2, Level 3. The last set is what kicks my butt and my armpits hurt...but I'm liking the results - yes, I'm seeing them already because I started incorporating weight training with my cardio workouts too. I still need to start tracking my food intake. This will really be the big impact on my weight loss.
I haven't started studying for the GRE. I WILL start this after the holidays. No, it's not a New Year's resolution - it's just the right time to start.
So are you having a happy day?