Friday, July 10, 2009

Buyer's Remorse?


Yes, I agonized and antagonized those around me about purchasing my first BRAND NEW CAR. Should I buy it? Should I keep my car? It's more than I want to spend, can I afford it? What color should I get? Should I lease or finance?

This purchase was more difficult than buying a house with my mom and it's not something I want to do every again. An automobile is not like a pair of shoes; I can't return it if I decide I don't like the color, the fit, etc.

So The Fella and I were out for lunch earlier this week and I told him I think I made a mistake in buying my little fighter jet. I got a cross look from him (especially since he had to listen to me moan and groan over the wrong thing for about 3 weeks). Why, honey? He asked in a sweet voice.

And on my way in to work this morning, I realized why I kept thinking that. Everyone has one. It's like seeing some chick with your exact same dress on (regardless if she's wearing it in another color). This car looks just like everyone else's. It's not like the Volvo that stands out like a sore thumb with it's distinct color, rims, trim, etc.

So I am back to moaning about my purchase and I have to figure out a way to personalize it so it doesn't look like the cookie-cutter automobile it is. The one item (although small and no one notices but me) is that mine has foglights and most on the road do not.

Anyhoo - I will find joy in my new ride as soon as I get comfortable driving it and get my seat adjusted properly (too high, too low, too straight up/down, too close to the steering wheel)....

The saga continues.

Photo from Nissanpeida.org

No comments: