Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Things that tend to irk me

I know I wont be able to get out my other thoughts until I get this list out of my head...

Things that irk me about commuting in Houston:

1. People who go overboard with the perfume, cologne, or lotion. In an enclosed space (ie the bus), the smells are heightened and trapped and make me want to hurl.

2. The wheels on the bus go round and round...why do you need to speak to the woman 2 seats up so early in the morning. Why not do 1 of 2 things, sit next to her so ya'll can chit chat like hens or pass her notes like you did in HS English.

3. If you technically should be in two seats, don't sit on my hip. Slide that girth two inches to the left so I'm not squished up next to the window.

4. If you plan to listen to your MP3 player, use noise canceling , not noise-enabling headphones. No one else wants to know that you still rock out to the Bee Gees at 6:50am.

5. If the train is crowded because our Metro service isn't bright enough to add double trains during peak hours, drop your packs so others can ride without being stabbed in the chest by your oversize luggage.

I know there are other irksome issues I possess, but this is a good start. Probably not the best way to start off this new journal, but hey - it's my journal just the same.

No comments: