Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cancelled

No, not The Biggest Loser (although, I am really disliking this season - all the backbiting, whining, bitching and moaning...Ugh, you signed up for this because you wanted to learn to be a healthier human...that starts with being nice - oh wait...that's a rant for another blog).

No, I didn't cancel my FB account (feel free to be my friend).

No, I haven't cancelled my cable. The Fella won't allow that to happen. It's basketball season, Yo!

I cancelled my WW account. 

WTH!?!?!?!

I know what you're going to say...LaShaune, you have to track your points, go to the meetings, and not look at the scale. LaShaune, it's a process that takes time.  LaShaune, it's a great way to spend $42 a month.

Um, yeah...I know all of the above and some. I know weight loss is calories in vs calories out. I know I expend anywhere from 500 to 1300 calories per workout, depending on the day.  I know this because I wear a HRM. What I don't know is how many calories I am ingesting. I don't know this information because I don't track it. Therein lies the problem.

Time to piss or get off the pot.   All my gripin and moanin about the 1-2lb discrepancy between my scale and the WW scale isn't making a bit of difference in my pants size. And trying to out exercise a diet that has way too much room for improvement is counterproductive.

So, as Merry pointed out in her post today...it's Lent. I'm a horrible Catholic because I didn't even consider giving up something for the next 6 weeks.  Actually, I haven't practiced Catholicism for years (again, another blog for another day), but I want to make a conscious effort to write down my food and my calories on a daily basis.  At the end of the week, I want to reflect on my meal planning for the past week and make adjustments for the coming week. I know this is what I need to do to make the changes I want to see. 

Are you planning to give up a bad habit or adopt a new one for Lent?  Do you track you calories?

No comments: