Monday, November 28, 2011

Run to Feed the Hungry, 10K Update


Man...You have to really love running to run in the rain. Or in my case, just coming off a cold medicine high.

I did run the 10K on Thanksgiving Day supporting the Sacramento Food Bank, along with another 27,000 other people.  This has been the 2nd largest (only to DFW) Thanksgiving run in the US.  Hard to believe - but true.  My time wasn't great, but at least I finished before they cleared the route. 1hr 20mins.

It drizzled, rained, and drizzled some more on top of the 40 degree temperature that felt more like 20 degrees.

My running partner and I made a pact that we would cross together.  She was having leg pains so when she walked, I walked.  Secretly, at first I was happy but as the run/walking continued I just wanted to be DONE. 6.2 miles is a long way to run/walk in the cold and rain.

I may consider doing another 10K solo next time to see if my time is better. This race had waaaay too many people and the crowd control was poor. I almost knocked into several people when I was trying to cross the finish line.

But happily I can say that I finished!

Did you run on Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

VERY proud of you! 6.2 is far and yes...especially in the cold and rain. I've managed to escape wet races thus far!

I didn't run on Thanksgiving, but I did have one decent workout while we were away, so that's good (for me). haha!