I'm trying to not be grouchy. That's never a good way to start off a blog - but hey, that's the way I am some days.
There are a few things that have my brain cells doing back flips and starting to make my blood pressure rise.
1. Roman Polanski vs Michael Jackson. I'm going to call it what it really is - pure black vs. white issue. A conflicted rapist vs a suspected molester. One goes on to have a very successful production career without much brouhaha until recently. One, even in death, has a tarnished reputation in the public eye. Some don't even think Polanski should be extradited back to the US to serve his sentence versus those who thought Jackson should have been placed under the jail.
2. Keeping in the vein of the King of Pop - the released tapes of his conversations with Rabbi Shmuley. I still don't know what to think. It's heartbreaking to think this man went through life not understanding that his family loved him dearly. It's incomprehensible to think he struggled daily trying to earn his father's love. It's just downright sad that he could not understand that people loved him for himself, not for what he gave to the world. But I am planning to see the movie coming out soon - This Is It.
3. Why people cut their grass and leave their grass clippings on the sidewalk/in the street is such a strange concept to me. I grew up in a household where you couldn't walk on the front lawn and now to live where people don't really give much credence to their lawns. You can have the shabbiest house on the block, but as long as your lawn is neat, it will look like the prized hen. How do I know, cuz I live in a shabby home but have the best lawn on the block.
It's not all gloom and doom.
4. I am so looking forward to the State Fair in Dallas this weekend. Although my family moved to Houston in 1992, I've never been to the State Fair. Heck, I just made it to the State Capitol this year! So The Fella and I are road-tripping to Dallas on Saturday to eat ourselves sick, visit the animals, ride the rides, see the shows and oh and ah to our hearts content.
5. The weather is FINALLY cooling down. Time for some wool, tweed, boots, tights, and lots of jewel tones! Love this weather.
6. I watched all of America's Best Dance Crew this past Sunday. I know it's a total time suck, but I can't help but watch these young adults bust a move (secretly wanting to bust those same moves). This season was a good season to watch, not only were the dance styles varied - Voguging is still a popular style, but we were graced with transgender Leyome and her wannabe, overly dramatic self-promoting antics. I thoroughly enjoyed when Lil Mama told her that in order to fully become a woman, you have to act like a lady! And best of all...my fav dance group - the all female - We Are Heros won! Sweet!!!!